I’m utterly delighted to see that The Tallow-Wife and Other Tales has made the shortlist for the World Fantasy Award for Best Collection! Once again with gorgeous illustrations by Kathleen Jennings.
This is my third WFA shortlisting in this category and all for the Sourdough world mosaic collections from Tartarus Press (The Bitterwood Bible won in 2014).
Extra delight comes from seeing the other finalists, who are amazing friends and colleagues!
- Tales the Devil Told Me by Jen Fawkes (Press 53)
- Big Dark Hole: Stories by Jeffrey Ford (Small Beer Press)
- Midnight Doorways: Fables from Pakistan by Usman T. Malik (Kitab)
- The Tallow-Wife and Other Tales by Angela Slatter (Tartarus Press)
- The Ghost Sequences by A. C. Wise (Undertow Publications)
- Never Have I Ever: Stories by Isabel Yap (Small Beer Press)
The rest of the shortlists are here.