… so, I was sitting around last night after I’d finally finished tidying up the Afterword for The Girl with No Hands & Other Tales, doing what I usually do which is thinking I’m not doing enough as a writer.
Then the reasonable part of me appeared (she makes occasional cameos) and took stock. She said “Errr, have a think about what you’ve got for 2010 so far.”
So, I did:
1. 1 x short story collection: Sourdough & Other Stories from Tartarus Press
2. 1 x short story collection: The Girl with No Hands & Other Tales from Ticonderoga Publications
3. 1 x short story Brisneyland by Night in Twelfth Planet Press’ Sprawl anthology
4. 1 x short story Genevieve and the Dragon in FableCroft Press’ Worlds Next Door
5. 1 x short story The February Dragon (with LL Hannett) in Ticonderoga’s Scary Kisses anthology
6. 2 x entries in Ann and Jeff VanderMeer’s Steampunk Reloaded Compendium (also with LL Hannett)
7. 1 x reprint of The Jacaranda Wife in FableCroft Press’ Australis Imaginarium
So, I think I’m allowed to have a margarita and a bowl of pretzels and sit on the back deck for a little while with my feet up.
Then I’ll go back inside and start the next 10k, which will see me finish a first draft of the novella Ragged Run.
It’s all okay.